Water contamination is a major problem in our society. Physical and Biological contaminates can be removed by using various water purifying technologies like UV, UF, etc. But removing dissolved chemicals/solids with large size and complex nature is an important issue. This problem is resolved by the introduction of RO Water Purifier in the market.
Reverse Osmosis (RO)
Reverse Osmosis (RO) is a technology that is used to remove a large majority of contaminants from water by pushing the water under pressure through a semi-permeable membrane. It is capable of removing up to 99% and more of the dissolved salts (ions), particles, colloids, organics, bacteria and pyrogens from the water. The amount of pressure required for the purification process is depends on the salt concentration of the water. If the water is more concentrated, then more pressure is required to overcome the osmotic pressure.
RO water purifiers are mostly used for water with TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) level is more than 500 mg/L and for Hardness (Calcium+Magnesium) level 200 mg/L and above. Long-term consumption of high TDS water can cause excess mineral agglomeration that will create stress on kidneys, and also leading to kidney stones.
Water below 200 mg/L TDS, when subjected to RO treatment leads to potable water with very low mineral content, which could deplete essential minerals for the body. So, it is crucial to use RO technology in appropriate water conditions rather than use it randomly without considering water quality.
You should replace the RO membrane every 2 years or if you notice a significant drop in water passing through the reverse osmosis system. If you replace the carbon and sediment filters once in a year, then the RO membrane need only to be replaced approximately every two to three years. This schedule is depends on the quality of water and the household water usage.
Advantageous of Using RO Technology
- Improves taste of water.
- Simple maintenance.
- Removes even the smallest particle in your drinking water.
- Do not require frequent filter changes or cleaning.
- It doesn’t use any chemicals such as chlorine or iodine for cleaning.
- RO water purifier is safe and cost effective.
Disadvantageous of Using RO Technology
- Require electricity to clean water.
- Produces lots of waste water.
- It may remove natural mineral such as iron, magnesium, calcium and sodium which are essential to the human body and cause a mineral deficiency in the body.
- Does not kill waterborne disease-causing bacteria and viruses, there is a possibility that microorganisms can pass through RO membrane.
- Requires more time to purify water.
- RO water purifiers are costlier than other water purifiers.
Best Selling RO Water Purifier – Filter in India
- Kent Ace+ 7 Liter RO + UF Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 16,990/-
- Kent Ace Mineral RO TM 7 Liter RO + UV +UF Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 18,990/-
- Blue Star Majesto 8 Liter RO + UV Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 16,500/-
- Aquaguard Enhance 7Liter RO + UV + TDS Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 18,450/-
- Kent Grand 8 Liter RO + UV +UF Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 17,500/-
- Pureit Mineral RO+MF 6 Liter RO + MF Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 8,630/-
- Eureka Forbes Aquasure Xpert 8 Liter RO + UV +UF Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 16,490/-
- Eureka Forbes Aquasure Elegant RO 6 Liter RO Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 12,190/-
- HUL Pureit Classic 5 Liter RO+MF Water Filter
Price: Rs. 7,349/-
- Kent Pearl 8 Litre Mineral RO+UV+UF Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 16,119/-
- Kent Grand Plus 8 Litre Mineral RO + UV/UF with TDS Controller Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 15,339/-
- Blue Star Majesto MA4BSAM01 8 Litre RO + UV Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 13,337/-
- Livpure Pep Star Ro+Uv+Uf+Te Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 11,900/-
- Livpure Glitz Plus-RO+UF
Price: Rs. 7,650/-
- Hul Pureit Ultima Ro+Uv Water Purifier
Price: Rs. 16,722/-
Some of the low cost RO Water Purifiers in India
- Kinsco Aqua Style 15 Liter Ro+Uv+Uf+Tds Adjuster Water Purifiers With Pre Filter Set
Price: Rs. 5499/-
- Deal Aquagrand Aqua Swift Ro+Uf+Uv+Mineral+Tds Controller 10 Liter RO+UF+UV Water Purifier With Alkaline Technology
Price: Rs. 4,740/-